Monday, June 7, 2010

you can bank on it.

So, on Friday night I went and saw the Banksy documentary 'Exit Through The Gift Shop' film playing at ACMI, Federation Square.  A very interesting insight into the mysterious world of Street Art and how (intentionally or unintentionally) overexposed Street Art has become.  The film makes many interesting points about the curious art and in particular looks at the intriguing path of obsessed 'film maker' (I use the term very loosely) Thierry Guetta (AKA Mr Brainwash).  The film explores his relationship with Banksy and other street artists and documents his insanely fast rise to fame (piggybacking off the success of those around him, in my opinion).  Now I'm not going to go on about it, but all I'll say is everyone should check it out while it's still on!

C x
Photo Credits: #1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8 Banksy, #9 Via Londonist

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...