Friday, July 16, 2010

kelly smith.

I'll admit it.  I have a few vices that get me every time.  Including Trolli sour worms, exxy cosmetics, massages, boots (I have already bought 5 pairs this Winter eek!) and beautiful Australian artwork...

So my Kelly Smith addiction may be getting a little out of hand...  BUT I feel that I can justify spending some hard earned cashola on stunning, original illustrations that I will hold onto forever.  I have already got three originals of hers, but then yesterday whilst browsing her store, I came across 'The Fledgeling', which happens to be my all-time favourite of Kelly's and the very first illo of hers that I ever stumbled across in Vogue Australia back in 2008!

Not only is Kelly truly lovely and totally humble, she is so freaking talented it hurts!  The detail in her work is incredible.  It makes me think, in my next life I pray to possess the following talents; to fly, to sing and to draw!  Instead I have been given the undeinably envious talent of being able to fold my tongue in three.  Don't think there's really a career in that (other than a traveling freakshow) though unfortunately.  Wah.

Anyway, Kelly is forever being featured in magazines and countless blogs.  Speaking of blogs, Her blog is always lovely and inspiring to have a browse at too.  I just can't wait to hang this bad boy on my wall with my others!  I'm definitely going to need more wall space at the rate I'm going.

C x

1 comment:

thea said...

mmm you'll probably also like the work of kareena zerefos...

thea.
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...